Combat Gender Based Violence in the South Asian context to the members of the Pakistan Forum for Democratic Policing (PFDP) and build learning, experience sharing, reflection and guidance to the members of the PFDP.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Funding stipulations require candidates for this role to be a South Asian national or of Asian extraction
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10-15 years professional working experience
- Senior representative of Parliament, retired senior official of a Law Enforcement Agency, retired senior level Government official, working on efforts to combat GBV, policy advocacy and legislative reforms for gender equality.
- Experience of working with forums, consortia and/or alliances
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in the Pakistan context, demonstrating appropriate cultural and security sensitivity
- Masters degree
- Previous experience of living/working in Pakistan, and or the South Asia region
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Application Closing Date: 30 Apr 2017
Start date: 11 September 2017
Project duration: 7 weeks