Use your database management skills in Tanzania!
IESC is seeking a hands-on volunteer with database design and development experience to support a program in Tanzania. The ideal volunteer will have the experience base necessary to design a database management system capable of collecting and analyzing the data generated by public sector surveys results on behalf of umbrella organizations that represent 188 local government offices in the Tanzanian mainland and 11 local government offices on the island of Zanzibar.
The objective of this volunteer assignment to design a database management system that will facilitate data collection, validation, analysis, segmentation, scoring, updating and presentation for the comparison of and ranking of local government performance.
Anticipated Tasks include:
- Design a database management system to collect, validate, rank, performance data related to private sector performance submitted annually by local government offices in Tanzania.
- Design data entry forms and requests to support the implementation of the database system.
- Outline a database management training manual.
- Train and build the capacity of local government counterparts who are responsible for the operation, management, and maintenance of the database management system.
- Present data management update.
The ideal volunteer should have the following qualifications:
• University degree in IT (Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
• Data Management Certificate and 5+ years “hands-on” experience can be substituted for a university degree.
• Solid training in database management system operation and maintenance, and in building the capacity of database management system staff.
• 3 – 5 years of directly-related, database management system maintenance and training experience.
• Prior experience maintaining a database management system.
• Experience in the use of scripting languages (eg. PHP, AJAX, Java Script).
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, easy-going, professional team player, who is a strong people person and communicator, with good inter-personal skills.
• Ability to address issues, questions, concerns and problems in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
• Works well in a multi-cultural setting.