Teach in Rwanda
Are you a qualified teacher? VSO is looking for educators to work in numeracy and literacy education in low-income areas across Rwanda
To contribute to a significant increase in children’s foundational English literacy and numeracy outcomes and reduction in dropout by providing high-quality training and coaching to all English and Mathematics teachers at P1-3, intensive support for advance skills teachers and education through coaching and leadership of both face-to-face and virtual peer-network activities. They will also build the capacity of district training teams and share qualitative information to support evaluations and on-going adaption of the programme to maximize effectiveness. Whilst each advisors will provide overall support in 2 districts, they can also be flexibly deployed to provide intensified support in other districts as necessary
Skills, qualifications, and experience
Successful candidates are likely to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• An primary education degree or Post-Graduate Certificate of Education
• At least 4 years’ experience of effective teaching of foundational English literacy and numeracy and parental engagement
• Demonstrable understanding of learner-centred pedagogic techniques
• Fluent English speaker
• Good written skills in English
• Capability to produce accurate, reflective reports with reference to qualitative and quantitative data
• Key qualities of relationship-building, adaptability, and resilience
Please note: Funding for this placement is in the process of being secured and thus we are inviting applications and the process will continue pending the confirmation of funding being approved.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.