Carbon Credit Calculating in Morcco
IESC and the Farmer-to-Farmer Program are urgently seeking a volunteer expert for a 21-day support assignment with The High Atlas Foundation to develop a business plan for carbon credit sales and identify buyers.
Fielding a volunteer consultant to develop a business plan for marketing Morocco carbon credits will enhance the capacity of the host organization to manage and sell the carbon credits that is generated by organic fruit tree agriculture planted and grown by rural families and communities in Morocco. During this assignment, the volunteer will meet with the targeted host organization’s leaders, managers and technical staff to assess their information/knowledge and training needs in the areas of carbon credits management and selling.
The High Atlas Foundation (HAF) is a United States and Moroccan non-governmental organization reaching 22 provinces throughout Morocco. HAF makes sustainable prosperity a reality by training communities to integrate a participatory approach into agricultural and other human development initiatives. HAF operates like a “nursery” for social transformation.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident (as required by the Farmer to Farmer Program).
- Educational Background: University degree in business development, agriculture, and/or carbon credits.
- More than 10 years of experience with carbon credit calculations and markets for carbon credit sales.
- Workshop organization skills
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Sufficiently physically fit, with appropriate medical clearance.
- Familiar with conducting trainings through translators/interpreters
VOLUNTEER EXPERT SUPPORT:
IESC provides comprehensive support to pro bono experts before, during, and after the anticipated assignment. Support to include:
- All travel and logistics arrangements and costs to be provided by IESC including airfare, visas, medical examination, medevac and emergency travel insurance, and transit expenses;
- Project management and oversight from the country office and the home office in Washington, DC;
- All accommodation, transport, meals, and incidental expenses throughout the duration of the assignment in country;
- Follow up and administrative support for the production and dissemination of the final report and deliverables for the project.