PR for Good in Vienna
Research and manage the daily press clippings, and provide summaries for senior management of The Public Information Section along with other public relations and media duties. Interns accepted on a rolling basis.
Education: The applicant must have completed at least two years of full-time study that will lead to the award of a degree in international relations, political science, history, public information, journalism, marketing, film production or other relevant field. Applications may be may up to two years after completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Experience in the following areas are an asset:
- Website management or design, or video-audio experience;
- Photography and photo editing skills;
- Strong analytical and research writing skills.
Language: The applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication in English. Working knowledge of another official language of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission or language spoken in one of the Annex 2 States is an asset.
Under the close supervision of the Spokesperson and Chief of Public Information, and as a member of the press and public information team, the intern shall:
- Research and manage the daily press clippings, and provide summaries for senior management;
- Draft input for the social media sites Facebook and Twitter, monitor comments and conduct media research and analysis;
- Research and draft articles for the public website www.ctbto.org;
- Assist with research on public diplomacy strategies to promote the Treaty’s entry into force and the completion of its verification regime;
- Assist with building media profiles for public information stakeholders and research media outlets in different countries and regions;
- Update contact database and the Flickr photograph database;
- Assist in the video-audio project productions with drafting shot sheets, updating the YouTube site and organizing video-audio files;
- Support efforts to highlight the Group of Eminent Persons (GEM) and the CTBTO Youth Group;
- Other tasks as assigned.