Human Rights Internship
This position is located in the Emergency Response Section (ERS), Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva, Switzerland.Under the overall supervision of the Chief, ERS, the incumbent reports to the Coordinator of the Humanitarian Action Unit.
- Prepare for, assist and attend, as relevant, inter-agency meetings, and carry out any necessary follow-up including drafting briefing notes/talking points, drafting meeting minutes/notes to the file and brief unit members indicating recommendations and action points;
- Carry out research as requested and provide inputs to OHCHR and inter-agency tools/reports/processes;
- Update and maintain the Human Rights and Humanitarian Action start-up kit and portal;
- Liaise with relevant in-house and external partners as necessary;
- Generally, assist the unit in preparing for in-house and inter-agency processes;
- May assist the section with the UNOCC reporting, on a part-time basis; and
- Performs other tasks as necessary.