The OAS has 28 National Offices and some Special Programs located in member state countries. This gives the opportunity to all of those interested in doing their internship in his/her country of origin or another country of interest.
Selected interns work in different projects assingned by each office. In addition, an online program of complementary activities has been created concerning the OAS, its mission, pillars and projects, which is coordinated by headquarters in Washington DC, through a virtual platform.
The duration of the internships are of 10 weeks minimum to 6 months maximum and may be full time (40 hrs. per week) or part time (20 hrs. per week). The length, start and end dates vary for office to office. For more information on available opportunities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org your Resume/Curriculum Vitae, indicating countries of preference and dates you are available for the internship.
Requirements to Apply
- Have a grade average of 3.0 out of 4 on the American scale (or equivalent, depending on the country. This means the top 25% of your course)
- While it is not required to be a student at the time of application, those who are in school must be in their second year (for undergraduates)
- Master the language of the country in which the Office is located. Even though it is not a requirement, it is desirable to also master another one of the four official OAS languages (Spanish, French, English and Portuguese)
- Complete the electronic form (click here)
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum Vitae