Promote the Kenyan Private Sector
IESC is seeking a Capitalization Specialist for an anticipated 5 year, $50-75 million investment and private sector development project for Kenya. The Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM) is expected to promote private sector growth by identifying SMEs and entrepreneurs and mobilize various forms of capital with technical assistance and transaction advisory services to seed enterprise growth. Targeted sector include: agriculture, clean energy, nutrition, WASH, regional cross-border trade, and youth-oriented activities. The position will be based in Nairobi.
- Assists Kenyan financial institutions (mainly MFIs) access loans and other forms of capital investment to support expansion.
- Primary relationship manager with MFIs and banks/investors
- Train and advises MFIs in preparing and submitting a compelling and realistic loan application or investment memorandum
- Advises MFIs through the investment/loan application process and ensures that all parties are moving the process forward to conclusion
- At least 7 years of loan or investment origination experience with a commercial bank or other financial institution, e.g. private equity, particularly focusing on loan/investment sizes of US $500,000 and above;
- Strong background and understanding in assessing/analyzing financial and operational performance of financial institutions, particularly microfinance institutions.
- Extensive experience in working/negotiating with multi-stakeholders and a client-first approach to relationship management;
- A strong professional network of Kenyan finance professionals; experience working with at least one of the targeted sectors
- University degree in finance, business management, economics or other relevant field; advanced degree preferred;
- Fully fluent English
- Must be legally able to live and work in Kenya