Seeking an expert to Maintain and train staff on a database management system capable of collecting and analyzing the data for a 45-day assignment in Tanzania.
- Design and develop a database management system to input, validate, analyze, segment, score, rank, update and present LGACI performance data (in accordance with the LGA Competitive Index framework and questionnaire) submitted annually by LGAs in Tanzania to the Association of Local Authorities of Tanzania (ALAT) and in Zanzibar to the Association of Local Authorities in Zanzibar (ALAZ).
- Design data entry forms and requests to support the implementation of the LGACI.
- Incorporate necessary process improvements and customizations.
- Present data management updates, concerns and recommendations at internal meetings and briefings, as required.
- Train and build the capacity of ALAT and ALAZ counterparts who are responsible for the operation, management, and maintenance of the LGACI database management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Make custom edits to the database management system as they come up.
- Work with the Component 1 Lead on any maintenance issues that arise while the database is being utilized.
- Perform any training on the database to new users as requests arise.
- University Degree in IT (Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
- Data Management Certificate and 5+ years “hands-on” experience can be substituted for a university degree.
- Solid training in database management system operation and maintenance, and in building the capacity of database management system staff.
- 3 – 5 years of directly-related, database management system maintenance and training experience.
- Prior experience maintaining a database management system.
- Experience in the use of scripting languages (eg. PHP, AJAX, Java Script).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, easy-going, professional team player, who is a strong people person and communicator, with good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to address issues, questions, concerns, and problems in a professional, accurate and timely manner.