IESC is seeking a Career Development Specialist for a USAID-funded program in Sri Lanka.
The Career Development Specialist will be the subject matter expert in the field of career counseling. S/he will work hand‐in‐hand with the Project Director to identify, adapt, and implement the program, train staff, builds partnerships, and conduct monitoring and evaluation. This individual will be familiar with the latest research, tools, and methodologies in the field of career counseling.
- In‐depth knowledge of career counseling and demonstrated success managing career development centers
- Proven track record of successfully engaging private sector and educational institutions building partnerships and providing at least two years of private sector career counseling.
- Expertise in delivering training to diverse audiences with varying levels of education
- Advanced knowledge of Sri Lanka’s higher education and vocational education systems
- Strong multi‐cultural, inter‐personal, and supervision skills
- Ability to give effective presentations and write high quality technical reports
- At least five years of successful experience in the field of career development, preferably three or more years in a developing country context
- Familiarity with multi‐media and IT solutions in relation to career counseling
- A Master’s Degree in an appropriate interdisciplinary subject such as education, counseling and guidance, student personnel or related field
- Business proficiency, written and spoken, in English.