Crash Course in Pop Culture
Buzz Feed is looking for an editorial fellow to be work out of the Sydney, Australia office. It is a three-month, full-time paid position.
The program for the next generation of writers, producers and content creators eager to master the tools and techniques of social storytelling across multiple social platforms. Over the course of the Fellowship, you will learn how to create social content in a variety of formats that readers love to share. You must have a deep understanding and passion for the digital and pop cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest trends in social media, content, and emerging technology/platforms.
- 1-2 years of experience with video production and familiarity shooting with iPhones and DSLR cameras, plus an understanding of lighting and some editing experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc… After Effects a plus).
- Experience writing scripts for video shoots.
- Ability to create, shoot, edit, and produce videos for any one of BuzzFeed’s social pages.
- Ability to be a “1 man/woman band”.
- The know-how to do all the jobs at some basic level (eg you love making memes).