Love reaching audiences and growing a following on social media?
Passionate about making a difference in Africa?
Bridge the two worlds working as a social media manager with Global Vision International in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa.
The Social Media and Community Manager will manage all social media platforms, and will oversee all content activity and strategy implementation in order to drive traffic, engagement, leads and sales. The individual will be responsible for growing GVI’s reputation as an expert and leader in the industry.
The individual will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the US Content Officer to ensure all marketing strategies are implemented and content is aligned with GVI’s SEO and GVI wide strategies, and will be expected to sustain and develop the company’s voice across all channels.
This role requires a high level of creativity, meticulous attention to detail and project management skills and an understanding of social media and content management will be required.
- Management of all GVI social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google +, YouTube, Vimeo and Snapchat.).
- Keeping up to date on the latest social media platforms, news, trends and measurement tools and making recommendations to optimise GVI’s reach and engagement that are inline with the overall GVI Strategy.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions across all of our channels
- Implementing social media tactics that are aligned to SEO strategies.
- Setting and meeting monthly goals for each social media campaign and platform
- Development and coordination of the GVI Content Marketing Calendar, including all social media scheduling.
- Contribute to the GVI Content Marketing Strategy, and development of standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance and content repurposing.
- Guiding a team of content writers, providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content
- Growing blog subscribers and expanding the overall blog’s reach
- Keep the team up-to-date with the latest trends in content marketing.
- Management of the email marketing calendar.
- Writing regular email newsletter content and managing various email campaigns, including the content, template designs and calls-to-action.
- Developing a wide knowledge base of GVI’s programs and locations, as well as keeping up to date with GVI’s activities, events and achievements in the field (via GVI Achievement Reports, hub specific social media platforms, testimonials etc)
- Other ad hoc duties to support the marketing team as required, such as producing and optimising website content for new programs, campaigns and landing pages.
- Supporting the Marketing Team in administrative tasks
Please email Alice Hawkes @ firstname.lastname@example.org, send over your CV, and examples of your social media management / community building experience.